Ever since we moved into our basement apartment (circa 1920) just a couple of months ago, we noticed the occasional spotting of these uncomfortably large eight-legged fiends. We decided to fight the good fight, so we invested in sticky big traps and placed them all over the apartment.
The two in our bathroom filled up quickly enough, but we still couldn't be sure of where they were coming from. Finally, just last week, after several spider spottings in our front room, we placed a couple of traps by the front door.
Pictured here is the result:
After seeing the TWO traps fill up like this after just a week, we invested further in some Raid spray. So, to see if it helped matters any, we threw these traps away and put a new one in its place. I can happily say it's been three days and there are only two small spiders currently trapped within its sticky confines. Woo!