This was a landmark year.
- Spent the entire year dating the wonderful, handsome, smart, hilarious Max Jorgensen. Had our fair share of adventures and La Tormenta salsa.
- Welcomed a new sister to the family in August.
- Figured out, generally speaking, what I want to do with my life. Gained a better understanding of what it is I do and do not want out of a career and what skills I want to develop.
- Lost 15 lbs. Felt like I was on top of the world.
- Worked with The Salt Lake Tribune bureau in Washington, D.C. Saw amazing places, met amazing people. Learned what it means to be in a long distance relationship. Grew close to a couple of spunky little girls I learned to love as my own.
Comparison is the thief of joy: My biggest goal for the new year is to stop comparing myself to others. It's the quickest route to assumed inadequacy (and, naturally, unhappiness). It's one of my greatest struggles. I'm looking forward to tackling it head on.
That, and losing 10 more lbs. -- though, ironically, that goal is probably primarily subconsciously inspired by the aforementioned issue. Oops.
New year, I'm ready for you.